Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is believed to have shortlisted Fiorentina centre back Davide Astori as one of his potential defensive targets this summer, according to reports in Italian outlet Gazzamercato.
The Gunners had been known to be originally interested in landing either of Valencia’s Shkodran Mustafi or Atletico Madrid’s Jose Gimenez. However, with both of the La Liga superstars being deemed unobtainable, the Italian has now emerged as an important potential option to strengthen the north Londoners’ defence line.
Arsenal are reportedly scouting Fiorentina goalkeeper Norberto Neto, and wish to land him at the Emirates Stadium to provide David Ospina with substantial competition for a place in the starting XI, according to reports in The Metro.
The highly rated 25 year old is set to have his contract expire this summer, which is why he will be available for free in the forthcoming transfer window – an excellent option for the frugal-minded Gunners manager Arsene Wenger.
Arsenal fans will be pleased to learn that one of their chief transfer targets, now has the power to decide his own future. According to reports in the Mirror, Fiorentina manager Vincenzo Montella has removed any and all impediments to the transfer of Juan Cuadrado.
Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, Montella said, â€œWe need to evaluate the player’s aspirations and, above all, if there is a club out there that can pay what he is truly worth.” This essentially means that Cuadrado is there for Arsenalâ€™s taking, assuming he wants to go there and the club is prepared to undertake the necessary financial hardship. Continue reading
Fiorentina winger Juan Cuadradoâ€™s exploits with the Viola are gathering some serious momentum, and Manchester United are the latest victims to be blown away by the performances of the Colombian international, reports theÂ Guardian.
Already under close scrutiny from the scouts of Arsenal and Bayern Munich, the Red Devils have also decided to join the queue of admirers by sending their own scouts, who were reportedly present at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, the home ground of Fiorentina, to witness the clash against Udinese, last Sunday. AndÂ CuadradoÂ showcased what all the fuss is about, as the 25 year old, playing in the unconventional position of right-back, stamped his name on the score sheet with a spectacular goal. Continue reading
Arsenal have begun short-listing their targets for the summer and Fiorentinaâ€™s Juan Cuadrado has once again featured on Arsene Wengerâ€™s shopping list. The Colombian winger was a strong target for the Gunners during the January Transfer window but any prospective deal was hampered by the fact that the 25 year old is co-owned by Udinese too. TheÂ MetroÂ reports that the Gunners havenâ€™t given up on the right-sided attacker and will go back in the summer with a Â£15m bid. Continue reading
With Arsenal looking to poach one of their most prized assets, Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle has publicly appealed to Juan Cuadrado to continue his stay with Florence.
In excerpts of an interview carried in theÂ Metro, Della Valle has said, â€œWe will try to do everything possible to keep him in Florence, Cuadrado we want you to stay here for a long time and have fun as you are doing now. This team has the pride of wearing the purple shirt. It is a cycle of great guys in a very tight dressing room â€“ being with them gives you joy.â€ Continue reading
Arsenalâ€™s recent scintillating run on the field is bound to leave its trail of starstruck admirers. If the recent win in Germany is of any indication, then the Gunners are headed for greater glory and it is only expected that players around the world would seek to hitch a ride on this unstoppable bandwagon.
Senegalese forward Khouma Babacar has recently come out and said that if given an opportunity to ply his trade at North London, he would lap it up with both hands and make it count. Babacar is currently contracted with Serie A heavyweights Fiorentina, but is on loan at Modena. Continue reading
The Daily Star would have us believe that Arsenal still have a slender shot of securing the signature of Brazilian international goalkeeper Julio Cesar after the veteran’s agent revealed that his move from Queens Park Rangers to Fiorentina is nowhere near settled. However, despite the agent’s revelations, one can finally see why Arsenal didn’t move for the Brazilian shot stopper after it emerged that he has asked Fiorentina for a 4 year contract, something Arsene Wenger wouldn’t even dream of giving to a 33 year old in his wildest fantasies.
Cesar’s agent Josias Cardoso told Radio Blu that talks with the Italians were progressing at a rather slow pace. He said, “I’ve never had direct contact with Fiorentina. But instead I have sent one of my associates to deal with the Viola. Up until this point we have not reached a solution with the club for me to have to take part. I currently have no appointments with Fiorentina.” Continue reading