Wenger reacts to Bellerin exit rumours

Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger on Thursday said he is unaware of Barcelona Football Club’s interest in the team’s Spanish right-back Hector Bellerin, saying it is difficult to take these reports seriously.

“He has just signed a contract and has an unbelievable number of years to go. Again it’s very difficult to take this thing seriously,” the French manager said. Continue reading

Trio return to Arsenal squad for Burnley game

Arsenal have received a triple injury boost ahead of the visit of Burnley to the Emirates this weekend with the Gunners welcoming Hector Bellerin, Francis Coquelin and Kieran Gibbs to full training this week and all three players in contention to make the squad for this weekend’s clash.

Bellerin has missed a couple of weeks after struggling horribly in the game away to Bournemouth where he was carrying an injury and was twice robbed off the ball as Arsenal conceded cheap goals. It will be interesting to see whether he will go straight back into Arsenal’s starting eleven or be kept in reserve by Manager Arsene Wenger. Continue reading

Wenger provides injury update on walking wounded

Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger provided an update on the injury status of many members of his squad after they were put through the ringer by Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium last night.

The Gunners lost French midfielder Francis Coquelin midway through the first half with what appeared to be a hamstring injury, something that Wenger confirmed in his post match interview. Continue reading

Arsenal mount terrific fightback to come from 3-0 down to grab a point at Bournemouth

A stirring comeback from Arsenal saw the Gunners wipe out a 3-0 deficit in the last 20 minutes after playing some awful football for the better part of the match, to pick up a point from their trip away to Bournemouth.

Goals from Charlie Daniels and Ryan Fraser either side of a Callum Wilson penalty had given Bournemouth a 3-0 lead before the hour mark, but Arsenal fought back with goals of their own from Alexis Sanchez and Lucas Perez before Bournemouth were reduced to 10-men with Captain Simon Francis sent off for a foul on Aaron Ramsey. Continue reading

‘Invincible’ Lauren: “I think Hector is world class”

Former Arsenal defender Lauren on Thursday said Hector Bellerin can become one of the best defenders in the football world.

“I think Hector is world class. He’s still young and we don’t have to inflate his head, but he’s a very, very good player,” Lauren told Arsenal’s official website. Continue reading

Arsenal to be boosted by Spaniard’s return

There is some positive team news for Arsenal heading into this weekend’s fixture with Stoke City, with Manager Arsene Wenger confirming that Spanish superstar Hector Bellerin is back in contention after having recovered from the injury he sustained as a result of a challenge by Danny Rose late in the North London derby last month.

Wenger revealed that while he is not certain about Bellerin’s inclusion for the upcoming game, the young Spaniard could very much be in contention and faces a fitness test to determine whether he would be able to get through the game. Continue reading

Three Gunners in FIFPro World11 2016 Shortlist

FIFPro, the worldwide players’ union, and FIFA have today announced the final 55-player shortlist for the FIFA FIFPro World11 2016. The list includes three Arsenal players – Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil and Hector Bellerin.

The FIFA FIFPro World11 is decided by the players, for the players. It involves votes from more than 25,000 professional footballers from about 75 different countries. They each select one goalkeeper, four defenders, three midfielders and three forwards. Continue reading

Arsenal star inks new long term deal

Spanish defender Hector Bellerin on Monday signed a long-term contract with Arsenal. The 21-year-old, who joined the club in 2011, is a regular member of Arsenal head coach Arsene Wenger’s starting line-up.

He signed a new long-term deal in July 2015 and has now been rewarded with another contract. FC Barcelona and Manchester City had reportedly expressed their interest over Bellerin and the new deal should hopefully end all speculation of him leaving the Gunners. Continue reading