Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger on Thursday said he is unaware of Barcelona Football Club’s interest in the team’s Spanish right-back Hector Bellerin, saying it is difficult to take these reports seriously.
“He has just signed a contract and has an unbelievable number of years to go. Again it’s very difficult to take this thing seriously,” the French manager said. Continue reading
While the Gunners might not have enjoyed transfer deadline day on or off the pitch, there were Arsenal players continuing to head out on loan spells deep into the night with a couple of defenders just about beating the 11pm deadline.
Highly talented Pole Krystian Bielik, who joined Arsenal as a midfielder amongst quite a bit of fan fare a couple of seasons back, has been converted into a centre back during his time with the Arsenal reserves, and will continue his education at Birmingham City for the second half of this season, joining them on loan. Continue reading
It has been a busy 24 hours for the Arsenal loan department with the Gunners sending out four attacking players out on loan for the second half of the season.
After Chuba Akpom moved to Brighton last night, three other young Arsenal players have left the club today with Gideon Zelalem the only one to land an international assignment at VVV Venlo in Holland. Continue reading
Sky Sports is reporting this afternoon that Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson’s transfer to Crystal Palace has been held up so far due to the England international’s wage demands.
Jenkinson it seems had agreed a deal to join Palace on a permanent basis, having accepted a £35,000 a week with the London club, only to learn that Palace were paying their other winter signing Leicester City’s Jeffrey Schlupp £56,000 a week. Continue reading
The loan moves continue to come for Arsenal players late in the January transfer window, with 20 year old midfielder Gedion Zelalem the latest to head out on loan for the rest of the season.
Once touted as the next big thing at Arsenal, Zelalem has failed to live up to his potential in recent years, and was expected to leave the club permanently this month after having fallen down the pecking order amongst Arsenal’s back-up players so much so that he was even ignored in the midst of a midfield crisis for the Gunners’ clash with Southampton in the FA Cup on Saturday. Continue reading
Former Arsenal striker Alan Smith has launched a staunch defence of Manager Arsene Wenger’s decision not to spend the big bucks in the January transfer window and to largely stick with the same side that has brought the Gunners up to second place in the Premier League standings.
Smith shared in an interview today, “It is probably one of those transfer windows when I wouldn’t be fussed if nobody came in. The FA Cup game against Southampton was a good indication of the depth of the squad. Many of their rivals in the Premier League made wholesale changes in the cup and it came back to bite them. Continue reading
English football giants Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that his side does not need the services of Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema or any other attacker.
The British press recently reported that Benzema was offered to Arsenal, Chelsea and other English Premier League (EPL) clubs years ago, reports Efe. Continue reading
Proven goalscorers are always in demand in football, and it appears that a second Arsenal striker will be heading out on loan this January.
Quick on the heels of Chuba Akpom moving to Brighton on loan for the second half of the 2016-17 season, it appears that Arsenal youth star, 18 year old Stephy Mavididi could be joining League One side Charlton Athletic according to reports in the London Evening Standard. Continue reading